The Bagdad Theatre, originally opened as a vaudeville and film theater in east Portland in 1927.
Portland’s street numbering changed in 1933.
The theater had its stage enclosed and converted into a film theater in 1974, which was named the Backstage Theater. In 1979, the complex enclosed the balcony and became a triplex. In 1989, the theater was added to the National Register of Historical Places.
In 1991, the McMenamins Pub chain purchased the theater and renovated the main auditorium, reopening the theater in 1992.
References: Cinema Treasures website; Oregon Historical Society website; Puget Sound Theatre Organ Society website.